Taylor Swift @ VMAs

Moderator: jimmya

Drunkdog

Taylor Swift @ VMAs

Post by Drunkdog » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Does anyone else think that the Taylor Swift/Kanye West songs at the MTV Video Music Awards were a little much? Obviously it's hard to forget what happened that year, but that was last year and this is this year. I really think that both of them performing songs about each other and what happened at last year's show for this year's show was a bit much. Forget it and move on!

jonibaloney

Re: Taylor Swift @ VMAs

Post by jonibaloney » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm with ya DD. Enough is enough on that one, but obviously they are both trying to milk it and Kanye is trying to up his image.

I think who cares to be honest, and who does care...not me...not you...who!

Peace

Joni B

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 am

I finally caught up with the rest of the you and watched it. I am sure the VMA pushed her to do it but I think it was too much. She should have left well enough alone and looked like the sweet little victim. But ah well...on to the new album hype!

RabbitBro

Post by RabbitBro » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:04 pm

I was going to say that they probably did it to hype the show, but they didn't even announce they were performing songs about each other until like the day before. Either way, I think the world would have been just fine without either performance.

I don't watch the VMAs and I probably never will. I can't believe MTV still has a show dedicated to videos when they don't even play videos. Next!

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:56 am

There was a funny comment when everyone was cheering for the Jersey Shore kids and Chelsea Handler said "Don't cheer for them. They are the reason MTV never plays your videos anymore"
At the video awards. :)

dielawwnn

Post by dielawwnn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Can somebody post a link to the video yall are talkin about?

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:13 am

RabbitBro

Post by RabbitBro » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:41 pm

HA! That comment Chelsea made was priceless...and so true. I don't watch that Jersey Shore crap and I can't believe it's as popular as it is. I swear, these reality shows are the dumbing of American society as we know it.

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 am

I just hate that CMT has become the same thing now, playing lots of non-music related shows. I have also noticed they get VH1 and MTV reruns on occasion now. I'll take more videos any day but at least we get GAC here.