SheDaisy

Moderator: jimmya

kidfrost

SheDaisy

Post by kidfrost » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:43 pm

please tell me that somewhere out there a label waiting to sign these talented ladies?

jonibaloney

Re: SheDaisy

Post by jonibaloney » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey K-Frost,

Are you President of the girls' fan-club?...no offense because I think that they're talented too and deserved better- however they were over at radio long before they were dropped. They had a couple of singles that they were real clunkers that they never recovered from.

I guess it's possible for them to re-surface though--there's lots of little labels signing acts who aren't nearly as good.

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 am

I thought they were great girls but it's just such a tough market out there right now. I haven't heard anything from them in awhile so I not sure if they are still shopping for a deal or what.

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:47 am

Yeah, I hate to say it, but realistically it's a really tough time to break ANY artist through right now, much less an act that hasn't had a hit in a long time.

SheDaisy is very talented and I hope they do get a record deal again soon, but it will be a tough road to get radio airplay.

CarrieFlattsFan13

Post by CarrieFlattsFan13 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:04 am

Yeah they are very talented but seem to be done at country radio. Another very talented group Emerson Drive also is struggling to get enough radio airplay to chart. Seems like talent is meaningless without proper marketing.

kidfrost

Post by kidfrost » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 pm

jonibaloney wrote:Hey K-Frost,

Are you President of the girls' fan-club?...no offense because I think that they're talented too and deserved better- however they were over at radio long before they were dropped. They had a couple of singles that they were real clunkers that they never recovered from.

I guess it's possible for them to re-surface though--there's lots of little labels signing acts who aren't nearly as good.

no offense taken....but the answer is no. i'd like to think if i was they'd have a deal by now ;)
i'm actually a programer of a 100 thousand watt station that plays their music (strange i know). it's just sad to see good talent shelved. there is an audience out there for their music.....

djonastick

Post by djonastick » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 am

kidfrost wrote:

no offense taken....but the answer is no. i'd like to think if i was they'd have a deal by now ;)
i'm actually a programer of a 100 thousand watt station that plays their music (strange i know). it's just sad to see good talent shelved. there is an audience out there for their music.....

How many request are you having for their work? That's an honest question because a programmer and I were talking about this very subject the other day.

There's always an audience for "Gold" inventories out there in the land of Country Music. We both know that. The question I have is how does it stack up in comparison with more "mainstream" groups out there now? Me personally, having worked in Nashville, SheDaisy as a group is done unless they can find a way to reinvent themselves and make themselves relevant to PD's & listeners again.

mlizzle

Post by mlizzle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:34 pm

I went to see SheDaisy when they showcased songs from their upcoming album recently and I really enjoyed the music. I think you SheDaisy fans are in for a real treat when you get to hear it.

As far as whether or not Country radio thinks they are relevant anymore, who knows...but good music is good music and the fans will find it one way or the other, even if it's not through radio. Just my two cents. :)

Mary Lynne
AllAccess.com

djonastick

Post by djonastick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:11 pm

mlizzle wrote:I went to see SheDaisy when they showcased songs from their upcoming album recently and I really enjoyed the music. I think you SheDaisy fans are in for a real treat when you get to hear it.

As far as whether or not Country radio thinks they are relevant anymore, who knows...but good music is good music and the fans will find it one way or the other, even if it's not through radio. Just my two cents. :)

Mary Lynne
AllAccess.com
Good Point. They will hear it if it's any good or not. But I know that SheDaisy left a bad taste in the mouths of some PD's with their previous releases. They had two, I believe, singles that were released that didn't test well at all and were quickly dropped. I hope they can get it all back together again because they are a really talented group without a doubt. I remember spinning them at WVVR in Clarksville back around 2000 and they were HOT then!

kidfrost

Post by kidfrost » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:44 am

djonastick wrote:
kidfrost wrote:

How many request are you having for their work? That's an honest question because a programmer and I were talking about this very subject the other day.

There's always an audience for "Gold" inventories out there in the land of Country Music. We both know that. The question I have is how does it stack up in comparison with more "mainstream" groups out there now? Me personally, having worked in Nashville, SheDaisy as a group is done unless they can find a way to reinvent themselves and make themselves relevant to PD's & listeners again.

the amount of request is actually pretty good. as always it depends on the song. shedaisy was pretty big here back in the day. so what i did was kind of poll the office to see what songs people remembered. i did this with other artist as well. because we were looking for a way to be and "sound" different than our competition and so far it's paying off.
the songs that we play are "little good-byes", "i will...but", and "don't worry about a thing". one day i played "passenger seat" and the phones went crazy! to be honest sound wise it fit's with all the hot new music that we play. for us their music works!

i wasn't able to go to there showcase in nashville but i did check it out online and i agree with mlizzle that their new music sounds great! she's right good music is good music and people will get it one way or the other. it's just ashame that it seems nashville is passing them by.....