Taylor Album

Moderator: jimmya

jonibaloney

Taylor Album

Post by jonibaloney » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:32 am

The new Taylor Swift album comes in October, and there's a countdown on her website to the release date.

Any guesses on what it will do the first week?

Just curious

Joni B

SkyPotato

Re: Taylor Album

Post by SkyPotato » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:59 am

Hmmm...I think the excitement has died down some for her but I think it will still put up some big numbers. I'm gonna go with 400,013.

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:26 am

I say at least 700,000 units in her first week. This kid is just as big, if not bigger, than Eminem - and that was his first-week sales total.

The excitement may have died down at the moment, but believe me, it's going to get crazy again once the release date gets closer. All Taylor all the time!

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:59 am

I'm with Drunkie. She spans a lot of genres so she has the Country and pop dollars coming her way. And she gets the young buyers, who are actually still buying music.
I'm saying 750,000.

deeregulation

Post by deeregulation » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Great idea starter Joni--

I think that this will be her last huge release as far as sales-

I bet it will be big, but just shy of Eminem-- DD seems to be pretty on the money guessing 700K. I bet it's between 600-700,000 somewhere.

One of my friends showed me the Soundscan totals from a couple weeks ago.....wow how depressing.

I mean it's not as bad as watching seagulls coated in black oil, but still a downer.

Anyone have any good news??

just wondering.

Love and Peace
Dee Dee

RabbitBro

Post by RabbitBro » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SoundScan compiles sales of all albums, both digital and on CD, correct? I'm not surprised sales suck...I know that sales of actual CDs has gone down...and with iTunes and other digital retailers on the rise, people are more inclined to purchase particular songs they like instead of the full albums, especially since you can hear 30-second samples and decide whether or not you like each particular song on the album.

The times, they are a-changin'....

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 am

Yeah, that's true. I rarely buy just a single but I don't think that's the norm. Artists have to make people want to buy the whole project which is a challenge. I think good artists who have loyal fans can still make it happen but I would bet it's especially hard for new artists.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 am

I hear the Big Machine label group is holding a meeting to make a big announcement today...I have heard some rumors but I am not for sure about what it could be. I'm guessing it's not about Taylor because they just held the web thing for her.

boilerupwill

Post by boilerupwill » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 pm

I would love for Taylor to have big first week sales over 1 million. I mean she's already accomplished so many other things so why can't she sell that many in the first week? Although I will not be disappointed if she only sells 700-800k. Even if her first week sales don't live up to some people's expectations she will in the long run have multi-platinum status with this album.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:06 am

So I was just listening to the new single which they released early because of a "leak." I wasn't so sure on it at first but I was practically singing along by the end of the first song. She is obviously trying to take on a little more mature subject matter and I could see this single doing well.
Of course it's not that 'Country'. I think this is the first time they didn't release a Country and Pop version, at least that I can remember.