Taylor Album

Moderator: jimmya

RabbitBro

Re: Taylor Album

Post by RabbitBro » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:30 am

It's not very Country, but it's not too Pop either. I think she found a happy medium and her writing has matured nicely. It's a very catchy song and it's gonna be HUGE in both formats. I'm glad they released it early. I thought the announcement about the single coming and the supposed date for its release were too far apart. There was just too much hype and anticipation.

I'm looking forward to hearing what else she has on this new album. Our little Taylor is growing up! :)

jonibaloney

Post by jonibaloney » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Earth to Rabbitbro...

"Not very Country but not too pop either".......so what is it then??? Listen RB...it's a pop song...a pop song designed to not offend the Country programmers who gave her the shot in the beginning...you know...back when she was serenading Tim McGraw on the Awards show...you remember right RB??

The song was released to Top-40 simultaneously. Country didn't even get the obligitory several week delay.

Our little girl may in fact be growing up...but she has grown up to be a Pop star...for as long as it lasts.

Joni

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:38 am

I agree that it's pop more than Country. But not so pop as to piss off Country listeners. They're not dumb over there when they are counting their money. :)
I'm just glad she has stayed a decent role model compared to most of the other pop singers her age out there. I don't care if it's pop or its Country. I'd still rather have little girls listening to Taylor than Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:46 am

I think the Taylor mania continues! She had something like 103 adds first week. That's pretty much the most I can ever remember ever. And those are Country stations :)

RabbitBro

Post by RabbitBro » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:01 am

jonibaloney wrote:Earth to Rabbitbro...

"Not very Country but not too pop either".......so what is it then??? Listen RB...it's a pop song...a pop song designed to not offend the Country programmers who gave her the shot in the beginning...you know...back when she was serenading Tim McGraw on the Awards show...you remember right RB??
Damn, Joni...take a chill pill, would ya? You're so angry...LOL. I meant that it's a little bit Country and a little bit pop. Nothing wrong with that. And yes, she's a full-fledged pop star that still knows her roots and gives props to the Country folks who made her a star.

If she wants to go be a pop star, that's fine by me. That's less I have to hear about her. ;)

napmouth

Post by napmouth » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

I actually am really liking the new single so far. I think she did a good job of finding a balance with it and I am interested to see what the rest of the album sounds like.
Wonder if she thanks Kanye in the liner notes :)

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:07 am

I have heard rumblings that they leaked the song on purpose to push an early release. I don't know about all that! She is doing a video release special on MTV VH1 and CMT. I feel the Taylor Swift overexposure building again...

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 am

That totally wouldn't surprise me if the album date gets pushed up. Then again, that is a WORLDWIDE album release date, so if they did rush it out, I wonder if that would screw up plans that are already in place surrounding the release.

I noticed the cover art came out today...it's very Taylor. She sure loves glitter and sparkles. The little girls are gonna adore this one. Good for Taylor for knowing what her audience likes...but the sparkles have got to go soon. She's almost 21 years old, for cryin' out loud!