Another Country music award show...

Moderator: jimmya

mlizzle

Another Country music award show...

Post by mlizzle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 am

Fox has created another fan-voted Country award show, called the American Country Awards (dubbed the ACA, not to be confused with ACM and CMA awards). It's being produced by the same folks that do the Teen Choice Awards on Fox, which are also fan voted.

What are your thoughts on the new award show addition? Is this too many award shows for one genre, and is this a little too confusing for the Country fan base, on top of having the ACM, CMA and CMT Music Awards?

Tell us what you think below!
Mary Lynne
AllAccess.com

PizzaLicker

Re: Another Country music award show...

Post by PizzaLicker » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:48 pm

So it's fan-voted by people who watch FOX...as in GLENN BECK, BILL O'REILLY koo-koo Fox??

This should be great...the very first Awards show to be endorsed by the kooks who go to the Tea Party rallies.

I'm betting the Dixie Chicks will be hung in effigy.

Rock on

P.L.

wcjcbigjohn

Post by wcjcbigjohn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:11 am

NO!!! NO MORE AWARD SHOWS!

I have to say I HATE award shows. They give out 5 awards and take 3 hours to do it. They do it so they can have all the music performances, that sound like crap!

Enough is enough! And Fan Voted? So what, Taylor Swift and Lady A will get EVERY award.

How about we start an award show that is voted by Radio jocks! That might be a little more relevant!

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 am

I for one do not need to watch another award show. If there weren't already fan voted awards out there it would be one thing but I think the award show market it pretty saturated. Especially for Country! And taking it to Las Vegas doesn't make it unique any more either. I am sure there is money to be made in it but I feel bad for the artists that are expected to show up at yet another show.

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 am

They're taking it to Vegas? That's real original. The Academy of Country Music Awards are already in Vegas. Take this new show to Atlantic City, Reno, anywhere but Vegas or L.A.! And I agree with wcjcbigjohn, the big names are all gonna win the five awards that are given out anyway, plus the performances will most likely be below par, as usual.

*yawn*

What's next? Is there gonna be an ACM Music Festival (to compete with the CMA Music Festival)?

jonibaloney

Post by jonibaloney » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm with you Drunk D...this is crazy.

It's always the same cities too...why not do this awards show, since it's Fox, in say Wahsilla, Alaska and Sarah Palin can host, maybe shoot her machine gun in the air every time Toby or Trace win an award

Not that would be some good TV

Love,
Joni

SkyPotato

Post by SkyPotato » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:46 am

At least it shows the networks think Country music is profitable. From what I heard its basically gonna be a variety show with a few awards thrown in. I think I would be more apt to watch it if they made it an entertainment show altogether and left the little awards out of it.

Drunkdog

Post by Drunkdog » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 am

LOL @ Joni!!! Now THAT would be worth watching!

I mean, I'm glad the network thinks Country music is profitable and that they're bringing in more of a younger audience, but I still think it's a bit of an award show overload. I'll sit back and be quiet and see what happens by the time December comes around. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows...

deeregulation

Post by deeregulation » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:08 am

I really think to the average person, Awards shows are like 'Reality Shows'...it's like enough is enough and who cares!

labambaman

Post by labambaman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 pm

wcjcbigjohn wrote:NO!!! NO MORE AWARD SHOWS!

I have to say I HATE award shows.
I'm right there with you. there's far too many award shows these days, and most of them aren't even necessary. Worst of all, do we really need 3 different award shows for the same genre so that the same popular artists can win various awards at different shows? Keep the CMA's, get rid of the other two, and start to consolidate. The market is getting flooded by award shows because networks can't think of something worth a damn to air.

I also don't trust the people who watch Fox. These are the same people who think American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance and The Cleavland Show are all good programs.