Get drunk and be somebody!

Moderator: jimmya

Drunkdog

Get drunk and be somebody!

Post by Drunkdog » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:09 pm

So apparently today must be Drunk Day, because I've read not one, but two stories on All Access about like 45 people being arrested for public intoxication at Toby Keith and Brad Paisley concerts (on separate occasions) and then I was watching the Today Show this morning where Blake Shelton was co-hosting and he was drinking a rum & coke. A little early to start drinking, huh Blake? Hoda had her a drink, too.

To quote Anthony Smith, "If that ain't country, I don't know what is..."

So, in honor of Drunk Day, I, Drunkdog, would like to propose a toast. To all of those folks keepin' it country out there - here's to ya. Cheers. Now, where's my designated driver? *burp*

napmouth

Re: Get drunk and be somebody!

Post by napmouth » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:19 am

Cheers Drunk Dog!
I am not sure that parents getting ready to send their kids off to kindergarten in the morning will appreciate Blake's morning pick me up but I thought he was really funny.
And if you can't get drunk at a Toby Keith concert then where can ya?!

adambombs

Re: Get drunk and be somebody!

Post by adambombs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:43 am

Personally I like the fact when these news-stories take it from the "drunken" perspective. I mean it is what it is right...Country Music and alcohol......it's like America and Apple Pie.

Check out Mad Men...those guys stayed loaded right there at work! Now those were the days.

Adam B