C'mon, Joel...really?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
winterwest

C'mon, Joel...really?

Post by winterwest » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:45 am

Last year you sent me a very nice note when I posted I would share one of my promotional partners. You thought it sounded like I was soliciting...

...but jerseys and knock-off cheap watches?

maxwulf

Re: C'mon, Joel...really?

Post by maxwulf » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:01 am

Great - now the fake watches are showing up under Job Openings too!

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:33 am

Great...another round of crap advertisements. Might as well be reading "Yahoo!" for all the spam here lately.

Can't these addresses be blocked, Joel?

jdenver

Post by jdenver » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi Guys ...
First of all every site has a few assholes that try and mess things up.
Hard to block all of them.
So, if you wanna help -- kindly email me the link to these spam posts and we will kill them
off! Thanks! -- Joel

Post by top » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:21 am

Don't blame Joel. Blame the asshole(s) that post crap like this!

jayester

Post by jayester » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Joel,

Perhaps we have been taking your website for granted because the truth be known, by comparison to other sites, you and your staff do an incredible job and really appreciate the forum, the chance to get radio (or lack thereof) off our collective chests. Trying to filter out the spam from the actual posts must be an enormous undertaking on a daily basis. I know that I am speaking for many, that we sincerely
want to thank you for the service you are providing fellow broadcasters, a free service, when many other sites charge a fee. We also appreciate the support of your legitimate advertisers. One slight suggestion though, if I may, before I have emailed offending links to your staff and you have followed up usually within the same day by deleting posts discovered as moochers using this forum (and sometimes the jobs section) as a free ride to sell their wares, whatever it might be (including lately unknown artists and bands).. Is it possible to implement some sort of flagging designation, which would expose the post as a potential spam-vertisement to all who log onto to this forum? Or, maybe you have something like that already in place. Just the same, thank you for All Access and the needed service you provide. Now, if you'll excuse me... just for cheap laughs, I am going to post my situation wanted on a cheap watch community forum board,

jdenver

Post by jdenver » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 am

Jayester ... thanks for the very kind words!