Record Companies

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!

Record Companies

Post by top » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 am

I wish to take this time to thank all the record companies for making it damn near impossible to find and play music on the radio. You no longer service stations with new stuff. You have no record reps left. Screw your new artist. They just wont get air time.

winterwest

Re: Record Companies

Post by winterwest » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Hall, I have to comment on your "I hate to be harsh, but..." remark.

Trust me I get what you're saying, but I want to share with you how I feel when I read posts in the promotions thread that ask the most fundamental questions. First, I feel like you do..."C'mon! Pick up the phone, call, and ASK!" Then I realize...

Many of our younger colleagues have had no one to teach them, lead them, mold them, encourage them.

You've probably just provided more information and direction than "top" has had to this point in their career.

mediadawg

Post by mediadawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 am

Record Companies. Now that's funny.

kitmann

Post by kitmann » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:20 am

Totally agree about the fact that there are no mentors for the younger PDs out there. These guys are trying to find their own way.--and that is hard. I can't tell you how many times I show something to someone and they go "Wow. I didn't know that is how you did that!"

But HARD WORK is what we have to do now to get and keep our jobs.
So yes, work harder and stop complaining. BUT...if you don't know how to do something....find someone who has fought the battle and ASK QUESTIONS...