Homeless - Jacksonville, Florida - Give a guy a break..

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
teslatube

Homeless - Jacksonville, Florida - Give a guy a break..

Post by teslatube » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Im taking a long shot here..faced with a line at the soup kitchen and haven't showered in a week..please bear with me..

I'm homeless and living on the streets of Jacksonville Florida. I have been homeless since essentially 2008. Ive been in Jacksonville for two months now. I rode in to town on a razor scooter after a visit with a friend in Tampa, Fla. True.

I have over 10 years experience in radio. From coast to coast, in a number of positions.

I was just accepted into the Clara White Mission School of Culinary Arts. I have passed a background check, mental health evaluation and two seperate drug screens for every drug type. Not a felon, never been to rehab. No problem. So there, I just cleared your drug test & background check for you.

I am looking for some PT board operation and/or production work on the weekends, possibly the evenings, in order to afford housing. The concrete @ Hemming Plaza isn't an ideal resting spot, especially when I have class Monday thru Friday from 7am till 5pm. And there is months waiting list at Sulzbacher center.

If you are in the Jacksonville area and could use a solid, reliable employee who has worked on everything from NexGen to Enco, Adobe Edit to Vox Pro, even Selector. Please drop me a line at :

mr.ginas@aol.com

I don't have a phone number because I'm broke and homeless..but I do have and air check, production samples and recommendations.

Board Op and / or Production work in Jacksonville?

mr.ginas@aol.com

danno

Re: Homeless - Jacksonville, Florida - Give a guy a break..

Post by danno » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 am

with all the money being spent over the past 5 years and the Massive Welfare State that has been created over the years, i can't imagine there isn't a Program that will pay you for Not Working and get you off the street, go ahead and GAME the system, everyone else is. and don't count on a Radio job, DO ANYTHING to in order to earn a paycheck. and Good Luck!

teslatube

Post by teslatube » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:01 pm

I never even checked this ad until today. A year later. I did get private email offering me work from one individual. That was nice of him. Fortunately, I qualified for a scholarship to culinary school (therefore it wasn't necessary), and supplemented my income working as a Beverage Vendor at Jacksonville Jaguars game. (paid better then any radio gig I ever had, including appearance fees.) I have since graduated and now work in the kitchen at a hospital in Phoenix, Az. So there was never a need to 'game' the system. And having worked on and off in radio since 1997, Im proud to say..unemployment checks were never a part of my agenda! (thats kinda why I ended up on the streets..didn't want a hand out.)

I still like radio...and have been approached by others about radio gigs since. Quite doggedly. But for now I enjoy where I work. The pay is good. the people are great. I love Phoenix.

Amazing the difference a year makes. :D

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Didn't want a handout? You posted a thread called, "give a guy a break" and rather than pay for school you took a scholarship. Try paying for stuff sometime it may build some character. And before you say the scholarship isn't a handout, ask yourself if you believe it was free or if someone else foot the bill for you. Moron.

russfr

Post by russfr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Wow. What rude people here. Geez. I don't want to work with you heartless people.

Sometimes people DO need a break. He didn't post a GoFundMe, he asked for work.

And I grew up poor and got scholarships to various things. Guess what, adding 1 person to a class doesn't really cost them anything. I'm glad he's learning a career that's not as unstable as radio. Maybe the people are nicer too.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:40 pm

russfr wrote:Guess what, adding 1 person to a class doesn't really cost them anything.
Tell that to the people paying for it. Scumbag. I can't stand people like you and girly boy up there. People like you can't deal with life and should probably just die off if everything was actually fair. But these days we are forced to prop up all the losers which sinks the entire ship. Go wash your vagina girly boy.

scottevans

Post by scottevans » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:07 pm

JJ I pray you never come across hard times and pray even more that you learn how scholarships work and who funds them.
I have a BA that was largely paid for by scholarships. They were not a handout and they were funded by people who wanted students to be able to attend college with little to no debt. Today I annually donate to two of these funds, work for a company that paid for my MBA, again not another handout, and gladly help those who are in need. So how do the people feel that fund scholarships? Damn proud and blessed to be able to do so.

Congrats to the OP for being able to turn things around.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:53 am

Scott, you have no idea what I've pulled myself through. You received all kinds of handouts and clearly feel guilty about not doing things for yourself hence your mental gymnastics to convince yourself that other people paying your way isn't a handout. If you have boys I hope you teach them to be real men and do for themselves, you're too old, pathetic, and irrelevant to matter now.

datwood

Post by datwood » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:55 pm

What a sad, little boy you are jjenkins. Sorry you don't work for me, it would be a pleasure showing you the door.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:41 pm

@datwood you wouldn't be able to afford to hire me in the first place you pathetic turd. Let me guess, another handout receiver? Jerkoff, get back to being irrelevant and pretending that you matter.