The end is near....

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
newmusicdude

Re: The end is near....

Post by newmusicdude » Thu May 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Fallon & Clear Ch, only one thing comes to mind, "Crap" Enough said!

God I miss Leno who ruled, top ratings since 1995, except for his 10pm show.
Even the last wk of his show he went out on top.

Thankfully the ratings have shrunk with Fallon's lack of true talent he's a buzz word nothing else.

I painfully watched his first day on Tonight Show after Leno retired.

Every guest put Jimmy in his place, the rapper highlighted how bad Jimmy's coordination skills are.

U2 on the roof was cool too! The rest of show was like watching paint dry, or Letterman whichever you chose.

And that wooden old fashion set that reminds of my elementary schools auditorium in the 1970's.

There absolutely no eye popping color, like Leno had!

I'll tell you why Leno dominated for so long, when any guest spoke back or up to him he had a way of putting them in their place,

and it was funny the interaction, and element of surprise.

Both Jimmy and David should be put to sleep forever, that's what they do to me when I watch.

Think of radio & a talk host that nods in agreement with all his guests...borrring....

think of one that did his homework and brushed up on topics of conversation,

who will call you out when you're wrong, and engage you where you get downright boring, that was Leno...enough said!

danno

Post by danno » Thu May 29, 2014 10:19 pm

frankincleveland, i think we're pretty much in agreement..i wouldn't buy a frozen Big Mac, i won't pay more for a "Name" unless its really worth the money, Harley Davidson's are Over Rated, guess what.. you can also be James Dean on a BMW, Honda or Suzuki and probably get a better ride..and i like your line about syndicated radio shows, especially the morning shows. Radio like so many things is alot about Image, and Radio is just Not Cool anymore. .

waverunner

Post by waverunner » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Not to turn this into a discussion on motorcycles, but ...

Who would brag they leave their bike out in the elements, never change the oil, etc? That image of Harley you mention is outdated. I won't argue that Honda and Yamaha might be more durable than Harley. But as a guy who rode both for years and converted to HD - I think a Harley that won't start is cooler than a garage full of running Yamahas.

As for bogus ads -

PDs have run bogus ads since the stone age. Nothing new. Back in the day I worked with guys who would do it so they could get some quality cassettes for their own airchecks.

frankincleveland

Post by frankincleveland » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:22 am

waverunner wrote:Not to turn this into a discussion on motorcycles, but ...

Who would brag they leave their bike out in the elements, never change the oil, etc? That image of Harley you mention is outdated. I won't argue that Honda and Yamaha might be more durable than Harley. But as a guy who rode both for years and converted to HD - I think a Harley that won't start is cooler than a garage full of running Yamahas..
Someone who isn't riding a sissy-man, "garage queen" HD.

You think Daryl from The Walking Dead parks his chopper in the garage at night to protect it from the elements? No.

But, that zombie killing bad ass doesn't ride a Harley either. So he doesn't need to.

Neither did Fonzie. Or Steve McQueen.

You go with your "store bought cool" bike and your rattle can tan, man.. real cowboys don't wear their hats inside.

halltalk

Post by halltalk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:43 am

Wow, Frank ... Jealousy is a color you wear well. HD as a "rattle can" is an image that goes back to Fonzie and Steve McQueen so your mentions are appropriate. As for Daryl on "Walking Dead" - he never seems to shower, either - do you copy that characteristic? I generally don't make buying or lifestyle choices based on zombie shows.

And what in the world does the word "tan" have to do with "rattle can"?

My experience is that in nearly all cases, all roads lead to a Harley Dealer. Guys get tired of rice burners or being bent over like a jail-house boy toy on their crotch rockets and decide to man up. Harley, Victory, Indian or any other American steel won't get you a job in radio, Frank - but it will make missing it a little easier.

frankincleveland

Post by frankincleveland » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:00 pm

You're a funny guy, Halltalk.. true, Daryl never seems to shower.. but let me know when there are facebook pages dedicated to chicks that wanna bang Halltalk and you can critique his style. ;)

You got me rolling.. jealousy? I've owned several HD's.. overpriced crap. A heritage Softtail, a low rider, most recently a fatboy that, really wasn't that bad of a bike.. I almost kept it, but flipped it instead for a nice profit to some HD fanboi.

It's not that the bikes are awful.. just absurdly overpriced.. But what do you expect when you buy a bike from a place that's pretty much a clothing store with a few bikes in the corner.

Never heard of a "spray tan", Halltalk? Hmm.. just how out of touch are you?

I don't care for crotch rockets, either.. but there's a reason HD tries to pass legislation that raises prices on import bikes, and it's not because they're confident they make the best product for the money.

Plenty of metric cruisers out there a guy can pick up for a quarter of the price of a comparable HD offering, and not only will they get you down the road just as well.. but they'll do it longer and more reliably.

Guitars are the same way.. the dingbats that think if the guitar doesn't say Fender Made in USA on the headstock.. or Gibson than it must suck.

It's the same marketing kool aid that convinces people Olive Garden is authentic Italian dining. That isn't jealousy. If I wanted a Harley, I'd go buy one. Low riders and soft tails can be had on the used market pretty regularly for about $4k..

Or you can get a comparable metric bike for $1500.. and guess what? The little blonde that wants a ride on the back doesn't know the difference between a v-twin metric bike or a Harley or a friggin Indian.. any more than she cares if the guitar player on stage has Gibson or Jay Turser on the headstock.

That ain't jealousy, my friend.. that's just the truth.

Ironic that you use the "bent over like a jail-house boy toy" analogy, because if you're buying a Harley Davidson, that's exactly what's happening to you.

zebster

Post by zebster » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 am

For as much as a Harley costs you'd think they could include a functioning muffler.

frankincleveland

Post by frankincleveland » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:06 am

zebster wrote:For as much as a Harley costs you'd think they could include a functioning muffler.
If they didn't have loud, obnoxious exhaust systems nobody would notice them on their "belly button bikes".

The Harley is like the friggin' Camaro of the 80's.. everybody has one.

They see three episodes of "Sons of Anarchy" and they're all running out to put ape hangers on sportys.. and slapping on "Screamin' Eagle" exhaust pipes.. add an S&S carb.. a billet air cleaner.. and one of those ultra d-bag "skull" face masks and you've got the complete poser package.

xiaoyouyou1hao

Post by xiaoyouyou1hao » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:38 am

Plenty of metric cruisers out there a guy FIFA Coins can pick up for a quarter of the price of a comparable HD offering, and not only will they get you down the road just as well.. but they'll do it longer and more reliably.

doubled89

Post by doubled89 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:12 pm

The end is near because The Weather Channel has a bunch of reality shows, their Local on the 8's music is not as good as it was back in the day, the movie "School of Rock" is over 10 years old, and I have no more pop tarts in my house.