Jim Davis retiring

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jkdavis

Jim Davis retiring

Post by jkdavis » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:39 pm

Today is my last day as VP/GM of the great radio stations of Treasure and Space Coast Radio in Vero Beach, Florida..

Starting Monday, the infinitely qualified Karen Franke kicks off the training wheels and becomes Interim General Manager. The owners could not have left these stations in more capable hands.

I have a new role consulting the company on special projects during the next year as well as continuing my mid-day show on Ocean – FM and the weekend show on B-94.7.

What makes these stations great? Simple, it’s our people who really like working together. Each one of them brings a level of experience and knowledge to the table. They put their heads together and combine their skills to create something great for our company, clients and most of all listeners.

Many of you know that I was a second generation radio broadcasters, following in my Mother’s footsteps on WKBW and WGR in Buffalo, NY. I entered the radio business June 19th, 1960. That’s a pretty good 55 year run. I have loved every minute of it.

Patty and I wish you and your families a very Happy New Year and best wishes for 2017.

Forever radio,
Jim Davis

ketrop

Re: Jim Davis retiring

Post by ketrop » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:21 am

Well written, you give here a lot of valuable tips.