Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
countryboy
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by countryboy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:30 pm

I thought it was interesting to see Newt Gingrich refer to Madonna as a "left-wing fascist." Fascism, by definition is a government that stifles and restricts opposition. That's exactly what Gingrich is suggesting the government do to Madonna. So who's the fascist here?

successfulhost
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by successfulhost » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm

I wouldn't use the word "boycott", but I might pull Madonna for a little bit just because my listeners might not want to hear someone so vile for a while.

rodstacy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:51 am

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by rodstacy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:49 am

I think she cares...I think she said what she said so that it will get people talking about her again, she hasn't had a hit in what? Over 10 years? she is so desperate to stay relevant, and constantly latching onto other younger artists success stories....no one cares about her music anymore, her last album hasn't even gone gold...no loss if you quit playing her music in my opinion.

countryboy
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by countryboy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:30 am

rodstacy wrote:I think she cares...I think she said what she said so that it will get people talking about her again, she hasn't had a hit in what? Over 10 years? .
There are a lot of people just like her who haven't had hits in a long time who get airplay every day. Should they get banned too? My question is should we be making music decisions based on our own political bias? That includes should we play Toby Keith because he performed for the inauguration, and then drop Madonna because she is opposed?

corneo
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:35 am

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by corneo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:39 pm

countryboy wrote:"BTW: reporters have been arrested at the event that Madonna was at for "inciting a riot" because they were caught telling people to do things so they could record it for the news."

Really? Do you have a reference for that?
Here you go: http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/25/journa ... ny-charge/

countryboy
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by countryboy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:15 pm

The story you linked was not about the Madonna demonstration, but rather the inauguration. That was the day before. There were no journalists that I'm aware of arrested during the January 21st women's march. Also, according to your story, they were not filming for news, but rather some independent online documentary.

dylan923
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:06 am

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by dylan923 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:31 am

countryboy wrote:"dare one could draw the conclusion that Madonna's statement about blowing up the White House falls directly under the category named above."

So now you're placing yourself as the Supreme Court? I don't think so. Look if you want to ban some singer because you don't like her politics, go ahead. I don't care. But she has the right to say whatever she wants, even if you don't like it. It's been a week, and no one has arrested her for what she said. So obviously it's not a crime. Even if you think it is.
Oh please spare me the bullshit, the court has ruled on multiple occasions that free speech has limits or can you not read? She does NOT have the right to say whatever she wants, but if you wanna stare blatantly into the facts and deny them go right ahead.

Research is your friend, you should actually try it sometime.

jayedwards
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by jayedwards » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:51 am

Does radio need Madona?

countryboy
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by countryboy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:02 am

dylan923 wrote: She does NOT have the right to say whatever she wants, but if you wanna stare blatantly into the facts and deny them go right ahead
The fact is she was not arrested. That is the fact. So if she was not arrested, what she said is not a crime. She can say whatever she wants. So can you. Until someone arrests her or sues her, she is a free person, able to say and do whatever she wants. You can deny that all you want, but it's the fact. The Court has ruled on many things, but not this. Until they do, it's just your opinion. Your opinion isn't the law. It's been a week. Has anyone filed charges against her? Show me.

dylan923
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:06 am

Re: Boycott Madonna Over Remarks?

Post by dylan923 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:15 am

countryboy wrote:
dylan923 wrote: She does NOT have the right to say whatever she wants, but if you wanna stare blatantly into the facts and deny them go right ahead
The fact is she was not arrested. That is the fact. So if she was not arrested, what she said is not a crime. She can say whatever she wants. So can you. Until someone arrests her or sues her, she is a free person, able to say and do whatever she wants. You can deny that all you want, but it's the fact. The Court has ruled on many things, but not this. Until they do, it's just your opinion. Your opinion isn't the law. It's been a week. Has anyone filed charges against her? Show me.
Here's a fact for you:

YOU'RE AN EGOTISTICAL IDIOT

Sometimes investigations take longer than a week. I've CITED for you how free speech has limits. You, in all your backwoods redneck glory, come on threads like this patting yourself on the back because you think you know everything.

You're wrong.

1. Just because someone has not been arrested does not mean they haven't broken the law

2. Free Speech has limits

3. I'm done with you as I don't suffer narrow minded fools

Best Regards

Post Reply