What do you do after radio?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
successfulhost

Re: What do you do after radio?

Post by successfulhost » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 pm

I had a trade before I got into radio. One that paid better. So between gigs, I go back to that.

Doing radio is a lot less stressful when you don't HAVE to do it. Then when that PD tells you "good news, you're getting a $100 a month" raise and your check doesn't even cover rent anymore, you can tell him to go to hell.

weis

Post by weis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Spend time trying to go back to radio and nobody talking to you because they feel you've been out too long. If you want out you need to stick to it or don't stay out too long.

mrmandude

Post by mrmandude » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:17 am

Find yourself and nice small/medium sized market in a place where you want to live and wear a couple hats. If the pays sucks, supplement your income by voice tracking other stations and doing outside voice work. I have been blessed and downsized several times over the years and am on track to do about 80k this year. So I'm not in a major market... BFD! Been there, done that but I also don't have all the drama and BS to deal with either...