Paid PSA recommendations

What are you doing to make money in these tough times? How are you motivating your staff?

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

fmdj1

Paid PSA recommendations

Post by fmdj1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi All,
We have been using Educational Media Group for several years to provide paid PSA's, but we want to see what else is out there. Any recommendations for or experiences with other groups?
Thanks in advance!

winterwest

Re: Paid PSA recommendations

Post by winterwest » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:06 am

Look up the definition of "PSA". Perhaps you're part of the new waves of "broadcasters" that have forgotten what "public service" means. PSAs should be relevant to your market, and you should run them because it positively affects your community. Of course, that's how we did real radio...

fmdj1

Post by fmdj1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Thank you for passing judgement on me and my radio station without knowing anything about either. Perhaps I should also make a rash judgement regarding you without any information, however, I don't believe that is the purpose of this forum.
But, for those who are professionals who visit this forum and who want to know why I am looking for this information, I am a general manager of a small public radio station and we are losing our federal funding, which is about 20% of our overall budget. Because I would prefer not to let go of any of my 5 staff members, I am trying to find ways to raise additional revenue to offset the cost. I have dealt with paid PSA's for over a decade in both commercial and public radio and it is a great way to both share an announcement that benefits the public while also bringing recognition to a business. Of course, I will still continue to run the other kinds of PSA's which I also consider of great importance.
Again, thanks to anyone with any information that can help us out. For those who would like to know about our station and how we serve our community, please message me privately rather than trying to embarrass me publicly.

gtryon

Post by gtryon » Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Interested in the sources you've used for paid PSA programs. In today's tight money ... !!!
thanks, Glenntryon@yahoo.com

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Geez...a little sensitive, huh? Look, a PSA is just that, a "PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT". You don't charge for PSAs. At least in my 30+ years we never did.

Now, if you want to talk about the construction of a promotional rotation system that will create promotional inventory that you can bill out at a rate that's equal to the top of your card, I'm happy to share.

Sorry you got your feelings hurt. I'm really not a prick. I just get weary of some of the crap I read on here that's so far removed from real radio. It's actually laughable much of the time.

winterwestproductions@yahoo.com