Remembering your Audience

What are you doing to make money in these tough times? How are you motivating your staff?

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

kellybgood

Remembering your Audience

Post by kellybgood » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Heard an ad today in the car that was discussing life insurance on a TOP 40 STATION! This was about 3pm when I was picking up my daughter from school and we were listening to Lady Gaga! She looked a little confused and so did I but I did manage to ask her if my 15 year old were interested in purchasing life insurance.

C'mon guys have we lost our way so far as to not remembering who our audience really is??? No wonder the revenues are down at the stations and the clients aren't happy with the ads. We need to remember who we're talking to. Has anyone else heard anything similar to this?

DKVoice

Re: Remembering your Audience

Post by DKVoice » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:04 am

Most sales depts will run almost anything if it brings in money. As copy writer/producer I was shot down every time I added my 2 cents and was (essentially) told I didn't know what I was talking about. I am also not a fan of those 'erase your debt' spots. They're not worth the amount of money they get for those ads. It would be in sales and programming's best interest to just have a shorter stopset in that instance.