Personal Questions

Ask the Research Doctor a question.

Moderators: shawnski, rogerwimmer, jdenver

Forum rules
How do you ask the Research Doctor a question?

Just click on "New Topic" below and then type your question to me. Please put in a Subject and then ask your question in the body.

Your question is submitted annonymously unless you include your name.

Click "Submit" and then check back to find Dr. Wimmer's answer to your question.

If you wish to have a private answer to a question (not posted in the forum), please include your email address. Dr. Wimmer will send your answer directly to you.

Dr. Wimmer maintains an Archive of questions from the forum. Go to http://www.rogerwimmer.com and click on "The Research Doctor Archive" link.
rogerwimmer

Personal Questions

Post by rogerwimmer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Doc: I just noticed that you posted a question & answer on your column. I was wondering if you were OK. Glad to see the post. - Anonymous

Anon: I’m fine. Thanks for your concern. As you may know, this is my 13th year writing this column and this has been the most unique. I usually receive a few questions each week to post on the column, but that hasn’t been the case this year.

Today is September 2, 2012, the 245th day of the year. Since January 1 of this year, I have received and answered 392 personal questions – questions from people who did not want their question and my response on the column. 392! And that’s only the initial count. Many of the questions required several follow-up emails.

I’m not sure why this year has been so unique and the questions I have received have covered a variety of topics – job-related questions, relationship questions, medical questions, legal questions, and many more.

So . . . the reason why I haven’t posted many things on the column is that I have been answering a load of personal questions.

(Want to comment on this question? Click on the POSTREPLY button under the question.)
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.