Lindsey Stirling Review

Ask the Research Doctor a question.

Moderators: shawnski, rogerwimmer, jdenver

Forum rules
How do you ask the Research Doctor a question?

Just click on "New Topic" below and then type your question to me. Please put in a Subject and then ask your question in the body.

Your question is submitted annonymously unless you include your name.

Click "Submit" and then check back to find Dr. Wimmer's answer to your question.

If you wish to have a private answer to a question (not posted in the forum), please include your email address. Dr. Wimmer will send your answer directly to you.

Dr. Wimmer maintains an Archive of questions from the forum. Go to http://www.rogerwimmer.com and click on "The Research Doctor Archive" link.
rogerwimmer

Lindsey Stirling Review

Post by rogerwimmer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:56 am

Doc: I have seen Lindsey Stirling’s videos and she is coming to my city on her tour. Since you have access to a lot of information about performers, do you have any idea if her show is worth attending? Thanks. - Jim

Jim: To all readers: I received this question in mid-September. The person who sent it included his email address and I wrote and told him that I was going to delay answering it because my wife and I just made plans to see Lindsey when she appeared in Denver on October 10. I wanted to wait so I could provide first-hand information about her, and here is my answer.

First, I have to say that the show was sold out and the audience consisted mostly of people under the age of 30. I’m sure I would have won the award for the oldest person in the audience. Here are my comments . . .

I also have seen Lindsey’s videos and didn’t know what to expect at her concert. Now that I have seen her perform, I can honestly say that you won’t be disappointed. Lindsey is a refreshing ball of talented energy and she is the type of person that most people will like as soon as they see her. My wife and I were impressed with her talent, energy, friendliness, and professionalism.

However, I didn’t want to provide only my comments, so I asked several people at the concert why they like Lindsey Stirling. I heard comments like, “She’s unique,” “She’s different,” “She is one of us,” (not really sure what that means), “Her music is great and she is fun to watch.” “She plays great dubstep.” I talked to a few dozen people and didn’t hear one complaint.

You asked if her show is worth attending. My answer is, “I can’t imagine anyone who would not enjoy a Lindsey Stirling concert. She is that good.”

My wife said it was very clear to her that even young people under 16 years old would enjoy watching Lindsey. She said, “I think Lindsey would be (or already is) a great role model for young girls.”

You can find out more about Lindsey Stirling by clicking here .

There ya go. Attend the concert. I’m sure you’ll have a good time. I talked to Lindsey for a while and asked her to give me “a pose” for my column. Here she is

(Want to comment on this question? Click on the POSTREPLY button under the question.)
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.