On Air Logging – Any Suggestions?

Ask the Research Doctor a question.

Moderators: shawnski, rogerwimmer, jdenver

Forum rules
How do you ask the Research Doctor a question?

Just click on "New Topic" below and then type your question to me. Please put in a Subject and then ask your question in the body.

Your question is submitted annonymously unless you include your name.

Click "Submit" and then check back to find Dr. Wimmer's answer to your question.

If you wish to have a private answer to a question (not posted in the forum), please include your email address. Dr. Wimmer will send your answer directly to you.

Dr. Wimmer maintains an Archive of questions from the forum. Go to http://www.rogerwimmer.com and click on "The Research Doctor Archive" link.
rogerwimmer

On Air Logging – Any Suggestions?

Post by rogerwimmer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:04 am

Hi, Doc: Do you know if there is software that helps to record, log, and compare what is broadcast on the air with the music and commercials that were programmed on the station?

We would like a system that automatically monitors what goes on the air at the station. Thanks in advance for your help! - Anonymous

Anon: I don’t know the answer to your question, so I hope another reader who can answer it will send me a note, which I will post here.

Readers . . . Can you help with this question?

(Want to comment on this question? Click on the POSTREPLY button under the question.)
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.

rogerwimmer

Re: On Air Logging – Need Help with Answer

Post by rogerwimmer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:57 pm

There is a ton of audio logging systems out there. Here are a few:

Telos Profiler

BSI Skimmer Plus

RCS Tracker

If you're on a budget, this logger app is just $99: Air Check - Anonymous

Anon: Thanks very much to the person who submitted this information. You didn’t sign your note, so I can’t thank you personally. I appreciate your help.

(Want to comment on this question? Click on the POSTREPLY button under the question.)
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.

rogerwimmer

Re: On Air Logging – Any Suggestions?

Post by rogerwimmer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 am

Hi. It's the "Anonymous" person who replied to your question. Sorry for not identifying myself. For some reason I thought it was in my profile. I'm Rich Petschke, editor/anchor at KOMO Newsradio in Seattle.

Rich: I don’t know who submits items to me unless the person includes his or her name. This has always been the case and something Joel Denver and I agreed to do when I started the column in January 2000. This allows people to have the option to submit questions anonymously.

Thanks for identifying yourself because I’m sure other readers wondered who submitted the information.